We use WooCommerce softwear to handle our ecommerce, and therefore the following cookies are set:
- Cookies to determine when cart contents/data changes.
- Cookies containing a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.
- Cookies to power ‘Recent Viewed Products’
- Cookies allowing customers to dismiss the ‘Store Notice’
No personal information is stored within these cookies.
- Cookies allowing dashboard users to dismiss Marketplace Suggestions, if enabled.
- Cookies allowing count of suggestion dismissals, if enabled.
- Cookies which store a randomly-generated anonymous ID. This is only used within the dashboard area and is used for usage tracking, if enabled.
You retain all rights relating to your personal data as defined by the EU GDPR legislation 25th May 2018.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information relating to a custom order.
With your permission (opting-in), I may send you emails about special offers, new products and other updates.
You can opt-out of marketing emails by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on any marketing emails you receive from me.
You may also withdraw your consent for me to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, again by contacting me using the contact information below.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and in this case I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alison Muscat, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at:
Alternatively, you can mail me at:
Ring a Roses Designs,
29A High Street,